AT HOME | A SIMPLE SPRING TABLE
With the start of Spring and longer, warmer days ahead, thoughts turn to the outdoors and embracing a new season at home. Spring gatherings are a wonderful opportunity to create a beautiful table and share a special meal with family and friends. Creating a comfortable and inviting atmosphere at home is just as important as the food being served. When it comes to gatherings, keeping everything simple and thoughtfully executed, from the menu to the table is key.
Creating a simple spring table:
- Lay the table with the season in mind, incorporating interesting textures and tones, mixing old and new pieces.
- Start with a simple runner or table cloth to dress the table or leave bare for a more natural look.
- Incorporate natural seasonal touches such as branches or blossom to bring the spring table scape to life. Use a single centre piece or add multiple vessels along the table.
- Create simple place settings, adding favourite tableware; ceramics, glassware, cutlery and napkins to add texture and tonal variation.
- Personalise each place setting with a small name tag, sprig of foliage or include simple eggs for Easter.
- Add candles, whether simple tealights or dinner candles to add ambience for a beautiful and welcoming table.
- Integrate music to engage the senses and create atmosphere.
Dressing a table makes any meal or gathering feel special and is a simple way to bring beauty in to our home and cultivate a sense of joy. Investing in quality, timeless pieces that will last is a good way to ensure things have longevity.
Spring table edit
Find the: handmade ceramic bowl, handmade ceramic dinner plate, handmade ceramic side plate, handmade ceramic utensil holder, rattan trivet, classic French table glasses, handmade stoneware candle holder and set of six dinner candles, in our store.
Share this entry: